You are invited to join us for these educational events during the month of October.
Get your Ducks in a Row
October 6th at 2pm or 6pm
Attend live or virtual at the Holiday Inn, Sandusky
One of the biggest fears that many people have today is the fear of having their life savings wiped out if they end up in a nursing home. What a shame to see someone’s life savings of 30, 40 or 50 years wiped out in a matter of months. Whether you or a family member is in a crisis or not, it is important that you understand what you can do to protect your hard-earned assets! Most of the public does not yet realize that the laws on asset protection and long-term care planning changed. It is extremely important that you know about these changes and how they may affect your long-term care planning!
- How to avoid having your life savings wiped out by a nursing home spend down.
- How the new law restricts protection of assets and the steps you should take now to protect your loved ones. The asset protection language that most people don’t have in their power of attorney documents, which can help protect their life’s savings.
- How Medicaid works and the steps you need to take now to protect your family under the new rules.
- How to protect assets even if a family member is already in a nursing home.
- How to avoid government liens placed on a senior’s real estate.
October 14th at 9:30am – Virtual Only
What Every Family Should Know about How Trusts Protect Wealth
- The different types of trust and why more families are choosing Trusts to protect what they have worked so hard for
- Why gifting assets to loved ones outright in their own names can hurt them and you
- How, without the proper planning, your assets could end up in the wrong hands
- The bloodline protection and remarriage protection a Trust can provide
- Why Trusts can be especially important if you have retirement plans/IRAs
- Tax savings through Trusts
- Why you need to protect your special needs loved one with a Special Needs Trust
- Trust protection for family farms
The Dementia Action Plan: 7 Critical Actions to Take is Case of Dementia with Kevin Jameson, Founder of Dementia Society of America
October 21st at 1pm – Live or Virtual
Enhance your Dementia education with helpful tips, solutions and services that impact the Dementia community. Learn the difference between Dementia and Alzheimer’s. Also learn:
- What is Dementia and how do you know if a loved one may have it?
- Diagnosis of Dementia, the stages and early signs
- Dementia risk factors
- Can Dementia be prevented? Are there different types?
- What financial and legal concerns should be addressed today?
- Action steps to take sooner rather than later
Probate: What it Is and Why to Avoid It
October 28th at 9am – Virtual Only
This webinar will answer these commons questions:
- What is the Probate process?
- Does having a will avoid probate?
- Does my will control where all my assets will go when I pass away?
- What happens if there is no will?
- What are the responsibilities of the Executor?
- Can I avoid probate?