EVENTS & SEMINARS
If the COVID-19 Pandemic has taught us anything, it is the need to be prepared for the future, even unlikely events.
We invite you to join us for our FREE upcoming seminars and presentations on topics such as Get Your Ducks In A Row, Nursing Home Care, Estate Planning 101, Probate, and Trusts. Please see the descriptions below, register using the form on this page and contact us if you have any questions at all.
Get your Ducks in a Row – 9 Things you Need to Know for the 2nd Half of Life
March 3, 2021 • 2:00 pm -or- 6:00 pm
One of the biggest fears that many people have today is the fear of having their life savings wiped out if they end up in a nursing home. What a shame to see someone’s life savings of 30, 40 or 50 years wiped out in a matter of months. Whether you or a family member is in a crisis or not, it is important that you understand what you can do to protect your hard-earned assets! Most of the public does not yet realize that the laws on asset protection and long-term care planning changed. It is extremely important that you know about these changes and how they may affect your long-term care planning!
- How to avoid having your life savings wiped out by a nursing home spend down.
- How the new law restricts protection of assets and the steps you should take now to protect your loved ones. The asset protection language that most people don’t have in their power of attorney documents, which can help protect their life’s savings.
- How Medicaid works and the steps you need to take now to protect your family under the new rules.
- How to protect assets even if a family member is already in a nursing home.
- How to avoid government liens placed on a senior’s real estate.
Estate Planning 101: The Essentials You Need to Know To Protect Your Loved Ones
March 9, 2021 • 1:00 pm
- The tools you need in your “legal tool belt”
- What is THE most important document of all?
- How, without proper estate planning, the inheritance you plan to leave behind can end up in the wrong hands
- Special considerations for blended families
- Provisions you need in your documents to protect your spouse should either of you ever need long-term care
- Trust protection for family farms
The Dementia Action Plan: 7 Critical Actions to Take is Case of Dementia with Kevin Jameson, Founder of Dementia Society of America
March 17, 2021 • 1:00 pm
Enhance your Dementia education with helpful tips, solutions and services that impact the Dementia community. Learn the difference between Dementia and Alzheimer’s. Also learn:
- What is Dementia and how do you know if a loved one may have it?
- Diagnosis of Dementia, the stages and early signs
- Dementia risk factors
- Can Dementia be prevented? Are there different types?
- What financial and legal concerns should be addressed today?
- Action steps to take sooner rather than later
Probate: What it is and Why to Avoid It –
March 23, 2021 • 1:00 pm
This webinar will answer these common questions:
- What is the Probate process?
- Does having a will avoid probate?
- Does my will control where all my assets will go when I pass away?
- What happens if there is no will?
- What are the responsibilities of the Executor?
- Can I avoid probate?