EVENTS & SEMINARS
We invite you to join us for our FREE upcoming seminars and presentations on topics such as Get Your Ducks In A Row, Nursing Home Care, Estate Planning 101, Probate, and Trusts. Please see the descriptions below, register using the form on this page and contact us if you have any questions at all.
Get Your Ducks In A Row
December 2, 2020 • 2:00 pm -or- 6:00 pm
attend virtually or in-person at the Sandusky Yacht Club
One of the biggest fears that many people have today is the fear of having their life savings wiped out if they end up in a nursing home. What a shame to see someone’s life savings of 30, 40 or 50 years wiped out in a matter of months. Whether you or a family member is in a crisis or not, it is important that you understand what you can do to protect your hard-earned assets! Most of the public does not yet realize that the laws on asset protection and long-term care planning changed. It is extremely important that you know about these changes and how they may affect your long-term care planning!
- How to avoid having your life savings wiped out by a nursing home spend down.
- How the new law restricts protection of assets and the steps you should take now to protect your loved ones. The asset protection language that most people don’t have in their power of attorney documents, which can help protect their life’s savings.
- How Medicaid works and the steps you need to take now to protect your family under the new rules.
- How to protect assets even if a family member is already in a nursing home.
- How to avoid government liens placed on a senior’s real estate.
Probate: What It Is and Why to Avoid It
December 9, 2020 • 10:00 am
This webinar will answer these commons questions:
- What is the Probate process?
- Does having a will avoid probate?
- Does my will control where all my assets will go when I pass away?
- What happens if there is no will?
- What are the responsibilities of the Executor?
- Can I avoid probate?
Trusts 101: What Every Family Should Know about How Trusts Protect Wealth
December 16, 2020 • 1:00 pm
- The different types of trust and why more families are choosing Trusts to protect what they have worked so hard for
- Why gifting assets to loved ones outright in their own names can hurt them and you
- How, without the proper planning, your assets could end up in the wrong hands
- The bloodline protection and remarriage protection a Trust can provide
- Why Trusts can be especially important if you have retirement plans/IRAs
- Tax savings through Trusts
- Why you need to protect your special needs loved one with a Special Needs Trust
- Trust protection for family farms